Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rewind to Oil Painting Days

So about 8 years ago I did some oil paintings.  I was commissioned to do several of them and then just some random ones.  I do not enjoy painting with oils, I discovered. It takes a long time to dry and it's messy.  They now make acrylic paints that look and act like oils, but dry much quicker.  When I paint, I often paint in layers and have to wait for a layer to dry before painting with oils.




 Bob Ross taught me how to paint with only one layer!! Go Bob!! Some of these are using Bob's techniques and some I waited for the layers to dry in between. I'm simply too impatient for that!! 














And now, at the end of this post, I remembered that I was going to post horses next.  Oh well, next time!!  Not like anyone is reading this anyway...  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment