Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hi! Welcome to my blog.  I will post my art here... I'm in a transition mode whereby I'm trying lots of new things.   A little background if you don't know me:  I'm a 40-something corporate-turned-artist woman.  I "retired" from my full-time job when the company was sold back in 2006.  I have always loved art and am so grateful that I can spend my days (in between everything else that has to be done at home) playing with art stuff!!

For years I did commissioned pet portraits.  That became more technical for me and not creative.  It stifled my creative energy since I procrastinated and the deadlines got on my nerves!! Fussy much?? HA

I have had my art in gallery showings, art festivals, magazine covers, and even in a museum showing with really famous artists!!  (I'm not sure why they thought I was in that category, but hey! it was fun.) My art is going to be a on a playing card that will be printed next year.  More on that in another blog.  Anyway, I'm trying new things and I'm going to just start posting them NOW!

Here's some of the stuff I've been doing over the past 3 months:

I started working with mosaics...  The mirrors attracted me.  We had a new bathroom put into our basement and I designed the elements and made this mosaic countertop.

Then I went a little crazy and did mosaic on the wall and steps going down to our basement.  A little much??!!!


And here is a better shot of the wall.  I made the leaves out of polymer clay. That was also fun and I will be working with that medium more.


And then I did the headboard for the basement bedroom.  It took only a hollow core door from Lowe's, 12x12 mirror tiles and 2 sheets of mosaic tiles and a couple of stones from the dollar store.  Total cost was only $60.

So I'll post more stuff later this week.  Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment