Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tennis Ball Dog Painting Series

I started playing tennis at 46... I can't believe that I waited until this age to learn this fun sport!! I have met a great group of friends and it inspired me to paint a series of dogs with tennis balls.  I got bored after three paintings (my fourth is a half-painted pit bull.)

But first, back in 2006, I was commissioned to paint this black lab with three tennis balls (not actually part of the series):



It has become a popular seller on my ETSY page.
Then I used my neighbor's dogs as models for the next three paintings:


"Cali", my next door neighbor's Weimaraner


"Holly", my neighbor's terrier/poodle mutt


"Holbrook", another neighbor's golden retriever.

Thanks for checking out my paintings of dogs with tennis balls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment