Thursday, October 24, 2013

How to Make a One-Color Screen Print Image in Photoshop

I have been wanting to dabble with screen printing.  I was looking online about how to convert a digital color image into a one color (black and white) screen print image and there was nothing very straight forward.  So I played with Photoshop and came up with this easy way to do it:

Starting image:

In photoshop, I used the magic eraser tool set at tolerance of 30 to remove the background color:


I cleaned up the little specks left over in the background with the eraser tool.  The next step it to convert to black and white. In my Adobe Photoshope Elements Editor on my Mac, I selected "Enhance" and then "Convert to Black and White".  You can play with the different options to see which one gives you the right amount of black vs. white that you are looking for. 

Change your foreground color to black and background color to white using your color picker.  

The final step is to select >Filter and then >Stamp.  Use the sliding scale to adjust your image to give you the amount of black for the screen print. 


Taaa daaa!  I will post the final screen printed item when I finish.  





No comments:

Post a Comment