Friday, September 6, 2013

Out of my Comfort Zone

Ok, so back in 2006 I did some commission work for an eye doctor who was apparently attending a lot of weddings.  These were way out of my comfort zone, but I did them anyway.  DO NOT LAUGH!!
You may not be able to see the people's faces, but I'm sure that they weren't thrilled with the interpretation!  I certainly wasn't....


The background of this painting is actually a famous one that the person who commissioned it wanted me to copy.  Then family in the corner is not famous.  And look - there's a puggle!  And they probably don't like the way I made their faces pretty darn ugly!! HA


Ok, I actually enjoyed doing this one because of all of the detail work on the building. But not so much on the people...  Probably doesn't look a thing like them! 

Then I was nervous about painting this wedding scene.  This was the last one I did for that doctor. 



And then I painted a baby, which turned out ok...


After this I decided to stick to taking only pet portraits! 



No comments:

Post a Comment