Monday, September 9, 2013

Experimental Bird Phase

Back in 2006, I experimented with different subjects, wildlife, still life, birds, wildlife, etc.  I settled on the dogs mostly because I could get commissions of pets easily.   So here are some bird paintings I did back then.


This was a big canvas.  Back then I was selling a lot of paintings on eBay auctions.  I sold all of these on auction except for the purple swan painting below. That hangs in my bedroom.  It's very soothing to me! 


I love the peacock colors!  I wish I had used more vibrant colors. 

This was an oil painting as you can see the glossy glare in the corner.  I must have been in a spooky mood. 

This one is in my bedroom.  Something about it really calms me. 

I loved doing this "stained glass" look.  I have several more paintings with this look.  I will post them next.  I'm sure no one is thrilled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment