Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New Dog Painting -- Neela Boston Terrier

Every now and then I get into the mood to paint a dog, and when a friend or relative begs me, well, I just have to!!  This is "Neela", a sweet Boston terrier dog that actually lives in Boston.   I photographed it on the floor so you can see that it's on a very large canvas, so should make a pretty big statement on the wall. 

 I used a stencil to make the wood grain on the floor and then touched up with my paint brush.  That was the fun part of this painting for me!   We are moving to another house in 3 weeks, so I will probably need to pack up my art supplies.  After I get settled, I'm going to paint a Lake series and then I want to commit to painting 100 paintings!!  It is supposed to help you really hone in on your style.  I got the dogs down, now on to bigger and better things!!  My next post won't be until June. 
Ta Ta for now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment