Wednesday, March 25, 2015

New Dog Painting-- Australian Shepherd

I rarely accept commissions because it stifles my art flow!! Seriously-- I won't do anything else until I get it done and I procrastinate like crazy.  So I really have to be in the mood to paint a dog to accept a commission!  Fussy, eh?? 

I've analyzed why this is so and I have come to this conclusion:  It's just not creative enough for me.  It's all very technical.  Here is a picture; now go paint it -- I want it to look just like my pet.  Not much room for fun interpretation at all.  But I do enjoy the end result and making someone happy. :)

Anyway, here is one that I did recently.  It's 16"x20" in acrylic.  "Dempsey" is an Australian Shepherd.  




I have one more commission that I've accepted, a Boston Terrier on a large canvas.  I had the flu last week and it's just sitting there waiting for me to get busy with it!!  I'll post it as soon as I get around to finishing it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment