Thursday, November 14, 2013

New "Intuitive" Painting Style

I got this new book-- "Brave Intuitive Painting" by Flora Bowley.  I love it!! It's a technique that is so different from my own very rigid way of painting!!
Here is my first finished piece. I think it's finished anyway… You paint from your intuition and layer and layer and layer.  I am working on 3 more and I think out of the 4, I will only like 2. LOL


Ok so it's a bit grainy-- I took it with my cell phone. Will take a better photo later.  Hmmmm I'm thinking I want to change it again!  Any thoughts?

Here is the progression:

I used a canvas that I had previously painted on… I wrote "Create Fearlessly" on it and then started adding color.  Then after that dried I made this mess:


 I sort of liked it-- but the shapes really bugged me.  I decided to work with the color combination. I used a spray bottle to muddle the colors and added some flowers:


Then I defined my lines and colors a bit more to get the finished painting.  Hmmmm… Very different from my normal style!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment