Sunday, November 17, 2013

Another Intuitive Abstract Painting - this one with a bird

Ok, so I am working on five paintings at once, a layer at a time.  Each one is going through several stages and this one has morphed quite a bit from the first layer.  It is 24"x24" on stretched canvas. Once again, I took these with my camera phone, which sucks but is convenient.

Here is the final: 


Here is the first layer:  (click on this blog window to see the full blog with images)



(yeah, really blurry!)

And here is the second layer: 


Not sure what I was doing-- just scribbling with paint!  
Next, I decided to keep some elements and cover the rest with some kind of ugly fish thing! HA


And then finally decided that this just wasn't working for me and I painted over most of it with black shapes and then filled them in with complimentary colors. Decided to do more doodling too.  And the final again: 





No comments:

Post a Comment