Monday, December 2, 2013

Abstract Painting with Coral and Turquoise

I love these colors and wanted to paint something abstract with them.  I have always wanted to paint more abstracts, but was "blocked" when it came right down to it.  This new book "Brave Intuitive Painting" by Flora Bowley has helped me loosen up a lot and it's amazing how the ideas are really really starting to flow!!

Now remember, art is in the eye of the beholder! HA  I started this one with the intent of using coral and turquoise (or aqua) and then had a dream about using these shapes, which was my added inspiration.  It's VERY different from anything I've ever done!!


I'm calling it "Unblocking the Imagination". It's 30"x40" and I just listed it on Etsy


Here it sits on a table in my art studio.  A sneak peek at the doggy painting to the right. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment